PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Samsuns SSD drive in windows 7

marios.frag
08-29-2014, 09:12 AM
I just bought an SSD drive (samsung 840 EVO SSD - 250GB).
I installed it, and i installed windows 7 home 32-bit.
Everything is ok, but when i after installation of samsung magician (it's a program that makes the drive even faster), i got this message :
Magician cannot communicate with the bellow samsung SSD(s). Please check with other compatible storage drivers and try again.

My drive is working ok, but i read that with magician software (and rapid mode), it can go even faster.
Can anyone help?

RH-Calvin
08-29-2014, 12:46 PM
I think you need to contact your technician for any hardware or software help.

ORLOVA
06-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Since you are doing a clean setup anyway, remove your old drive, setup the SSD only in the system on the lowest # SATA port, go into the BIOS and disable secure boot, enable Legacy boot options. Set drive mode to AHCI. Then boot the system off the Windows 7 media in a USB2 port (not 3), if you are using a USB stick and not a DVD, see if it sees the SSD then and will let you install Windows on it.

lishmalinyjames
02-11-2021, 10:29 AM
There are NO compatibility issues in reference to the operating system. Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix of any version or DOS can be installed on an SSD drive. Some features such as TRIM are only supported natively on the latest operating systems such as Windows 8, Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6 and higher.