PDA

View Full Version : difference between strong and b tag

beneeta
10-10-2014, 10:26 AM
can anyone tell me the difference between strong and b tag

randiv
10-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Nice thread, i also wanted to know about that.

readytrucking
10-29-2014, 05:40 AM
<b> is a style - we know what "bold" is supposed to look like.

<strong> however is an indication of how something should be understood. "Strong" could mean "bold" in a browser, but it could also mean a lower tone for a speaking program like Jaws.

stuartkspindlow
10-29-2014, 08:24 AM

<strong> however is an indication of how something should be understood. "Strong" could mean "bold" in a browser, but it could also mean a lower tone for a speaking program like Jaws.
thanks for sharing this information with us.

sanamgupta
12-15-2014, 10:31 AM
<b> and <i> are explicit - they specify bold and italic respectively.

<strong> and <em> are semantic - they specify that the enclosed text should be "strong" or "emphasised" in some way, usually bold and italic, but allow for the actual styling to be controlled via CSS. Hence these are preferred in modern web pages.

randiv
12-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks, but which tag are potential for search engine friendly design.

marclewis
02-14-2015, 04:10 AM
Bold is to bold a word whereas strong tag is to indicate how something is understood. Strong is to give importance to the text

johnwest
03-03-2015, 08:14 AM
We can use both but here you have the clear explanation:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/271743/whats-the-difference-between-b-and-strong-i-and-em

tk-hassan
03-10-2015, 05:33 PM

But how can someone understand something is written in bold tag and something is written in strong tag, both look similar to the reader. I personally don't think that it makes any different in any form.

RH-Calvin
03-13-2015, 07:48 AM
These HTML codes a mainly for search engine advice. Search engine spiders crawl webpage sources and they categorize them accordingly depending whether the content is bold or strong. It is not meant for normal reading.

cutegirl
04-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Bold is used to style a word or a character while strong is used for giving emphasis on a word.

Dam Ponting
12-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Additionally, <strong> conveys a significance - demonstrating to the quick determinedly - same time <b> (for bold) conveys a strategy - bolding the content. With strong, your code even now bodes well if you utilize CSS stylesheets should transform the thing that the routines from claiming settling on the quick solid may be. The same dives to those distinction between <i> Furthermore <em> ".

manchun
12-11-2017, 04:50 PM
i Think, you should use strong tag for bold in web page.

csshtmldev
12-30-2017, 12:39 PM
In HTML <strong> and <b> both exist and have a different meaning.

The <b> tag is for "offset text conventionally styled in bold". If you read deeper into the details you'll see it adds, "without conveying any extra emphasis or importance".

<strong> is different. It "represents a span of text with strong importance. " There is semantic meaning of importance here. In fact, a <strong> tag within another <strong> tag has even more importance there is nested importance.

davidweb09
12-30-2017, 06:47 PM
We use it to bold the text.

manchun
02-01-2018, 02:05 PM
you should use strong tag for bold text.

praveenitech1
03-09-2018, 07:10 AM
Really an very good Thread Thanks for sharing