PDA

View Full Version : What is Gray Hat SEO?

stuartspindlow2
09-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Hello Friends,

Please tell me what is gray hat SEO.

pablohunt2812
09-26-2016, 10:15 AM
What is Grey Hat SEO?
It is what its name suggests. It’s somewhere in the middle of white and black and if used by a professional, can still be effective. However, it’s safe to say that taking a grey hat approach is playing with fire if you’re not 100% sure of what you’re doing and since we’re predominantly content-led now, it’s not something I would recommend.

Grey hat consists of techniques such as:

Cloaking
Purchasing old domains
Duplicate content
Link buying
Social media automation and purchasing followers
Let’s look at each of these in turn.

Cloaking

Cloaking is a practice that shows the user a different result than it does the search engine. For Google, it’s considered to be a high-risk practice that is in violation of its rules. Personally, I would put cloaking in the black hat category and many would agree, but the jury’s still out in certain parts of the SEO community where it actually falls.

RH-Calvin
09-27-2016, 07:33 AM
Grey Hat SEO is the practice of using technically legal methods to improve your site rankings, but which are ethically dubious, and could one day become black hat. Think of it like legal highs.

moria
10-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Grey Hat SEO is the practice of using technically legal methods to improve your site rankings, but which are ethically dubious, and could one day become black hat. Think of it like legal highs.