PDA

View Full Version : What's the most accurate software to detect duplicate files

ORLOVA
04-23-2018, 06:05 AM
Hello folks,

I have tried using CCleaner but it doesn't find truly duplicate files... What I want is something that will tell me which files are true duplicates. If my question is unclear or needs elaboration please let me know.

iberis
05-29-2018, 07:40 AM
You can try SHA-1 hash.

lishmalinyjames
02-08-2021, 02:47 PM
Easy Duplicate Finder.

Akshay_M
12-16-2022, 06:40 AM
So far there are two software that I’ve known and that are CC Cleaner and Tenorshare Duplicate File Deleter.

micklonse
01-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Marketplace development services can also provide businesses with the tools and solutions that allow them to become more efficient and productive. Marketplace development services can also help businesses create custom e-commerce websites and marketplaces that are tailored to their exact needs https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development

Smith_euk
04-10-2023, 06:57 AM
There are several software options available to detect duplicate files on a computer, and the accuracy of each can vary depending on the specific algorithm used and the types of files being compared. However, some of the most popular and highly-rated options include:

1) Duplicate Cleaner Pro: This software uses a powerful scanning engine to locate duplicate files on your computer and offers advanced filtering options to help you manage the results.

2) CCleaner: While primarily known as a system optimization tool, CCleaner also includes a duplicate file finder that can quickly locate and delete duplicate files.

3) Auslogics Duplicate File Finder: This software uses advanced algorithms to detect not only exact duplicates, but also files that are similar in content, making it a great choice for finding similar photos, documents, and other types of files.

4) CloneSpy: This free program is highly customizable and can scan multiple folders and drives simultaneously, making it a great choice for users with large and complex file systems.

Ultimately, the most accurate software to detect duplicate files will depend on your specific needs and the types of files you are working with. It's a good idea to try out several different options to find the one that works best for you.

ryanwuk
05-26-2023, 05:46 AM
There are several software options available for detecting duplicate files, and the effectiveness of each can vary depending on your specific needs. Here are a few popular options known for their accuracy:

1) Duplicate Cleaner: Duplicate Cleaner is a feature-rich and user-friendly tool for finding and removing duplicate files. It offers various search criteria to ensure accurate results, including file content, file name, file size, and more. It provides a preview of files before deletion and allows for flexible selection and deletion options.

2) Duplicate File Finder: This software scans your computer or specific folders to identify duplicate files. It compares file content using algorithms like MD5, SHA-1, or CRC32, ensuring accurate detection. Duplicate File Finder provides options to exclude certain file types or folders from the scan and allows for various deletion methods.

3) Auslogics Duplicate File Finder: Auslogics is known for its reliable duplicate file detection. The software offers multiple scanning modes, including a deep scan mode that analyzes file content to ensure thorough detection. It provides customizable scan settings and intuitive file selection for deletion.

4) CCleaner: CCleaner is a popular system optimization tool that includes a duplicate file finder feature. It scans selected folders or drives and employs advanced algorithms to identify duplicate files accurately. It offers various scan filters and provides an easy-to-use interface for managing and deleting duplicates.

Remember that no software is perfect, and it's always a good practice to review the results before deleting any files, especially if they have similar names or appear to be duplicates but have different purposes. Additionally, it's recommended to back up your important files before using any duplicate file detection software, just in case any accidental deletions occur.

Agent39
06-06-2023, 06:38 PM
Easy Duplicate Finder is good software that does what it advertises. However, to actually get it to delete your duplicate files not just scan for them you'll need to pay for it. The free version lets you delete just 10 duplicate files, which probably won't be sufficient for you.