PDA

View Full Version : Suffering with Windows Care Tool

jhone007
02-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Windows Care Tool is a new fake Windows tool which infects your computer and pretends to be an official Microsoft product. Windows Care Tool tries to scare you into thinking that your computer is infected and needs immediate attention. If you accept to fix the alleged issues, you get directed to buy the full version of this fake utility.

1. In Windows, click on Start and select Run. Type 'shell:appdata' without the quotes. This will open your Application Data folder.
2. Locate any executable file with a random name, example tdywrs.exe (this file will be located directly in the Application Data folder). Right-click this file and choose 'delete'. Make sure that you do not open any sub folders of Application Data, stay in the main folder.
3. Bookmark this page, you may need to refer back to it after computer restart (see next step).
4. After you successfully delete the above file, restart your computer.

Guntah
03-07-2011, 08:06 AM
never heard about it, I'd stay away from such products

whiteclouds
06-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Thank you about Suffering with Windows Care Tool

James Andy
06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I have found some information about removing windows care tool manually which are as follow:

Windows Care Tool Manual Removal Instructions
Step1: To stop all Windows Care Tool processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the "Processes" tab, search for the virus, then right-click it and select "End Process" key.
Step2: Remove the Windows Care Tool virus from registry editor. Click"Start" button and selecting "Run." Type "regedit" into the box and click"OK." Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry key"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Random." Right-click this registry key and select "Delete."

hitsandy
08-14-2012, 06:13 AM
I am using Avast security for protecting my operating system. It blocks online if web contains any viruses.