PDA

View Full Version : What hardware will work with latest Ubuntu?

KajolThappar
04-16-2011, 08:28 AM
I am planning to build a new linux PC, what hardware will work with the latest ditro of Ubuntu? Is there a list somewhere I can look at? I am tired of linux telling me it will not support parts of my hardware.

Alvasin
05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I put in a new video card yesterday. It seems that unlike Windoz, Ubuntu cannot automatically redetect a new video. The video card is Nvidia based. When I reboot it just comes up in text mode or like a server. In searching the forum here, all I can find are these Go-awful long instructions to edit this, replace that, etc. - went through some of the suggestions, but no luck.

If Ubuntu and other Linux distros are going to be successful for the average home user, the OS should automatically detect new hardware or hardware changes and make the appropriate changes on the OS side without much intervention by the user. If the video would have come up I could have manually adjusted things like the video resolution etc., but without the KDE environment coming up, working in a text environment only is the the best option.

Seems Linspire had a way of redetecting new hardware on start-up and making the required changes at the OS level. If that's true, Ubuntu should have the capability to do it also. Or does it and it just didn't work for me?

inocent
07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I also want to go with Alvasin,
It is best option for you. Just follow the above instructions.

amythhomas
04-17-2012, 01:33 PM
List of Hardware doing a good job with linux.

1. AMD.
2. HP and Epson
3. Intel
4. VMware.
5. Citrix Systems.

I am planning to build a new linux PC, what hardware will work with the latest ditro of Ubuntu? Is there a list somewhere I can look at? I am tired of linux telling me it will not support parts of my hardware.

LED watch (http://www.chinabuye.com/led-light/led-wrist-watch/)

starsky
05-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Thank you about hardware will work with latest Ubuntu

James Andy
07-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Anything will work, Linux supports it all! And if it doesn’t it automatically finds 3rd party drivers. You should build a mackintosh instead, because those needs to be specific, Linux don’t.

minnmc
07-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Ubuntu is used by corporate environments, consumers and developers because is fast, secure, reliable and free of viruses.
With the Ubuntu Software Center, you can choose from a huge selection of apps you want so can have a customised desktop that suits you in no time.

hitsandy
08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
We can use Ubuntu from requirement of Intel dual core processors. It performs and executes more on Intel processors. Its a open source operating system to protect easy form viruses.

Dam Ponting
02-19-2018, 08:57 AM
The majority individuals will need to introduce An desktop framework for example, such that Ubuntu, Kubuntu, alternately Xubuntu. A desktop framework will be regularly utilized to personage registering assignments Furthermore need a graphical client interface (GUI), same time a server framework commonly need An command-line interface (CLI).

praveenitech1
03-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Thanks for sharing this information

DavidMichael
06-13-2018, 06:09 AM
1. AMD.
2. HP and Epson
3. Intel
4. VMware.
5. Citrix Systems.

lishmalinyjames
02-08-2021, 02:48 PM
Visit. Head over to webapps.ubuntu.com/certification/ to check out the current tally of compatible hardware and search on any prospective machines you're considering buying.