PDA

View Full Version : SEO And Iframes

royals
07-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I recently added iframes to the sites which were ranking page one on google. after 3-4 days both sites dropped to page 2 and 3

i am very much sure that adding iframes was the main reason to this

now i have removed the iframes, so does anyone thing that my rankings will come back?

i think if google crawls the site again and see no iframe, will my site be at page 1 again?

please answer this

steveb123
07-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't thing this is the reason behind down ranking.
Check webmaster tool.

michaelmoody84
10-14-2011, 07:32 AM
I don't think you will regain your ranking.Better study the google webmaster guidelines before you optimize the webpage.

knowledge base software (http://www.knowledgebaseforce.com/benefits.aspx)

I recently added iframes to the sites which were ranking page one on google. after 3-4 days both sites dropped to page 2 and 3

i am very much sure that adding iframes was the main reason to this

now i have removed the iframes, so does anyone thing that my rankings will come back?

i think if google crawls the site again and see no iframe, will my site be at page 1 again?

please answer this

daisy
10-22-2011, 12:46 PM
know iframes are bad for SEO and its' main purpose is to include content from other sites into the page. But my scenario is little different:

I have a vacation search engine inside my site, and this engine appears on all pages in the same position on page. The engine's code is very heavy (long) and dirty.

I thought of using iframes from 3 reasons:

The html of each page will be much cleaner - content is the main of the page and not other constant dirty code.
Since the same search engine is the same on all pages, the code will be 20% lighter since the search engine html will come from a static iframe.
I don't really need google to index the search engine code - I need them to index the results which appears outside the iframe

outshinesol
11-01-2011, 05:23 AM
I think Google does not like to Iframes but you need to use content on your site but I am agree with people its not seems to be cause of ranking down in search engine ranking there will be other cause of ranking down you need to be updated with Google web master tool check crawling access and see what is happening with your site

alexisrois
06-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Well, I have heard that various websites that having iFrames on the website impact seo because the details on the iFrame is not counted by search engine crawlers as on page text. They index the page the details on the iFrame is on.

kevin88
06-05-2012, 02:50 AM
I've read in various sites that having iFrames on your website affect SEO because the information on the iFrame is not counted by search engine bots as on-page text. They index the page the information on the iFrame is on.