PDA

View Full Version : Difference between exclude and include traffic?

joni27
07-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi

From Google analytic help i get an information about Predefined filters,

Exclude traffic from the domains: use this filter to exclude traffic from a specific domain, such as an ISP or company network.

Please help me to understand Difference between exclude and include traffic of a site?

and what filter actually do?

Host.co.in
07-29-2011, 07:34 AM
As you want to analyze the traffic stats of your website then you should not count the visits made by you or your staff as you are not the prospective clients of your website hence the figures can be misguiding ones, and thats the reason you should exclude the visited made from your own IP and just count the original visitors from outside.

michaelmoody84
12-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Include Traffic:

Traffic comes from the search engines like Google, yahoo, Bing etc.

Exclude Traffic:
Traffic comes from some websites.you can use filter option to get protected from these websites.

knowledge base software (http://www.knowledgebaseforce.com/benefits.aspx)

Hi

Exclude traffic from the domains: use this filter to exclude traffic from a specific domain, such as an ISP or company network.

Please help me to understand Difference between exclude and include traffic of a site?

steveschmidt85
03-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi

Exclude traffic from particular ip or domain will not show visits made by that IP in analytics. While you or your team working on a website you have to open that website several times at that time you can prevent Google analytic to show you that your own visit

kirk89
03-29-2012, 04:06 PM
It's simple really. Excluded is, If you find that a particular IP or website is sending you bad neighbor traffic (Traffic generators, Link farms, Rotators, Paid to read, etc.) type sites, then you can list the domain or ip to be excluded from the official counts to protect your adsense account from getting banned for fraud

Included are sites and IP's you feel are sending legitimate traffic..

williamblake
04-17-2012, 11:06 AM
You have the option of excluding traffic from showing up in analytics if it is from a particular domain or range of domains.

There are many uses for this, for example, say your company's website is the home page on all your company computers. Well, every time someone opens their browser, that's going to fudge your data! So you might choose to exclude your office's IP address from showing up in analytics.

starsky
04-24-2012, 04:51 AM
Thank you about Difference between exclude and include traffic

ruby01
08-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks all for sharing a good post about the difference between include and exclude traffic.

sophia01
09-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Excluding traffic means to generate traffic from search engines whereas including traffic means to only have traffic which is coming directly. Exclude traffic means not considering or not being used in showing you the date where you are getting traffic.

Thanks for updating me with such an amazing work for showing the difference between it. Truly commendable.

kathrine01
10-11-2012, 07:03 AM
It's basically a filter which will allow you to check from which places you need to track the visitors. If you are do not want to check the traffic stats of users from other locations, you can simply exclude them and concentrate on the area from which you wish to check the traffic stats.

ella
10-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Good info about difference of both traffic.

James Donovan
10-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Included are sites and IP's you feel are sending legitimate traffic.
Excluded traffic is when you have found out that a particular IP or website is sending you bad traffic such as traffic generators, paid to read, etc. Then you can list the domain or ip to be excluded from the official counts to protect your account from getting a fraud.

Steve Markson
10-27-2012, 09:51 AM
In my opinion You can say that the traffic coming from just the major search engines ( Google, Yahoo, Bing) You could make a filter that exclude every other site!

Biztech
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
As you want to evaluate the traffic stats of your website then you should not count the visits completed by you or your staff as you are not the potential clients of your website consequently the figures can be misguiding ones, and that’s the reason you should exclude the visited made from your own IP and just count the original visitors from outside.

host
11-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Include Traffic is a Traffic which come from the search engines like Google, yahoo, Bing etc.

Andrewhudson040
07-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Thanks for sharing the difference between exclude and include traffic. this is a very useful information.

sasatechno
08-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Excluding traffic means you have target ip and may be any county related searched in Traffic sources so ip related details provide by analytic and including you add your country so this details is including process.

sanamgupta
02-13-2015, 11:09 AM
I have no idea about exclude and include traffic, but thanks for share such a nice information with us :)

marclewis
03-09-2015, 07:10 AM
Excluded traffic is the bad traffic from a particular website or IP while included traffic are legitimate traffic from various sites and IP's.

Dam Ponting
11-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Prohibit: This sort of channel avoids log document lines (hits) that match the Filter Pattern. Coordinating lines are overlooked completely: for instance, a channel that avoids Chrome additionally bars all other data in that log line, for example, guest, way, referral, and space data.

Include: This sort of channel incorporates log document lines (hits) that match the Filter Pattern. All non-coordinating hits are overlooked and any information in non-coordinating hits is inaccessible in the reports.

lishmalinyjames
04-12-2021, 10:08 AM
If you'd like to exclude internal traffic from your reports (such as traffic from your company intranet), you can set up a filter that identifies all of the IP addresses you'd like to exclude. If you want to report on activity in only a specific directory, set up an Include filter that identifies only that directory.