PDA

View Full Version : How to design a social networking website

BoswellZahra
12-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Here are 3 things worth keeping in mind for a successful social networking website design (http://www.developmentguruji.com/) :
1. Pay attention
2. Be creative
3. Be exclusive
This article focuses on purely the social aspects which work for the leaders in social networking right now. I’ll also point out some features of these sites which I think aren’t working as well as they were originally intended
Facebook has a good reputation for very good reasons. Specifically, Facebook is dedicated to truly developing the real aspects of online social networking, and they do this by paying attention. They pay attention to what matters and is socially relevant. Their products are controlled and well thought out. They think about whether a feature is socially relevant (cross friend photo commenting notification - c.f.p.c.n for short) and invent ways to make networking more social (feeds).
Digg.com is another great resource. One specific feature that they have which is absolutely genius, is when you comment on an article that someone posted, you have to wait 60 seconds before it’s accepted. This means you can’t navigate away or close the browser, so you’re left with only about 900 other comments on which to read and formulate more comments for. The fact about commenting - period - is that for a site like
Digg, user participation is the key “product” really, which is in turn supplied (for free) by people like you and I who for whatever reason justify the expense of our time with the reasoning that it’s important to “have a voice.” In reality, SN sites capitalize on the fact that most people have nothing better to do with their time, are self centered and being involved in debating a current affair is an interesting alternative to the classic wasteful pastime of watching television. I admit that staying on top of things and getting involved in an intelligent conversation is a far better use of time than many other wasteful activities. Masses of people running around everywhere, switching focus every 0.001 seconds. Regardless, Digg has managed to provide a unique combination of elements with which this type of addictive behavior is made possible. If only they could leverage their audience for advertisers as Facebook has… It’s interesting to watch how Facebook is leveraging its traffic with its new application feature. It’s nice how the model isn’t monetized (it’s free for all), it’s just another way to attain a larger and more unique supply of targeted traffic which is really what they sell (to advertisers.) It’s nice to see that amidst all the record-setting buyout offers, criticism and volatile changes in SN culture, Facebook has been able to hold steady, remain innovative and become the leader without “selling-out” and at the same time not losing sight of the users even though they are only indirectly their customers.

steveschmidt85
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Make List of features which you wanted to place in you Social Networking site. Create Site whole website sitemap and list actions. plan for designers for each and every graphics and developers as per needs of development stuffs. or you can get already automated Social Networking website from phpFox. phpFox offers you different templates and you can also customize that as per your needs.

Hope this all information will help you to develop your own Social Networking sites.

Cheers :)

steveschmidt85
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Make List of features which you wanted to place in you Social Networking site. Create Site whole website sitemap and list actions. plan for designers for each and every graphics and developers as per needs of development stuffs. or you can get already automated Social Networking website from phpFox. phpFox offers you different templates and you can also customize that as per your needs.

Hope this all information will help you to develop your own Social Networking sites.

lennonrowen
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
According to me,for designing social networking website require giving special attention on user engagement and behavior as you want your users to utilize different functionality provided by you efficiently. There are thousands of features available, your website design should be able to present those features as per their importance. it also require to spend time on testing as your users would get increase on daily base along with getting repeat traffic, you should test the speed and server issues very closely.

Alfredces
07-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Social media is the way forward these days. After Orkut, Facebook and My Space we saw hundreds of social networking sites to make their mark in the market. But now the socialization of today is not just limited to social networking sites. Now every company wants to include a number of socialization, their web site products or whatever.
However, one of the characteristics of social networking sites do the same, and is limited to a certain extent. 3 sites I have developed so far have all hospitality as a core component. (Gtalkbots the Altertunes, IITG former) However, after I saw Elgg a few days ago, I was wondering how long I was lost in the construction of a social function at all three sites. I just wish I could find before.

Alfredces
07-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Social media is the way forward these days. After Orkut, Facebook and My Space we saw hundreds of social networking sites to make their mark in the market. But now the socialization of today is not just limited to social networking sites. Now every company wants to include a number of socialization, their web site products or whatever.
However, one of the characteristics of social networking sites do the same, and is limited to a certain extent. 3 sites I have developed so far have all hospitality as a core component. (Gtalkbots the Altertunes, IITG former) However, after I saw Elgg a few days ago, I was wondering how long I was lost in the construction of a social function at all three sites. I just wish I could find before.

sophia01
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Here are 3 things worth keeping in mind for a successful social networking website design (http://www.developmentguruji.com/) :
1. Pay attention
2. Be creative
3. Be exclusive
This article focuses on purely the social aspects which work for the leaders in social networking right now. I’ll also point out some features of these sites which I think aren’t working as well as they were originally intended
Facebook has a good reputation for very good reasons. Specifically, Facebook is dedicated to truly developing the real aspects of online social networking, and they do this by paying attention. They pay attention to what matters and is socially relevant. Their products are controlled and well thought out. They think about whether a feature is socially relevant (cross friend photo commenting notification - c.f.p.c.n for short) and invent ways to make networking more social (feeds).
Digg.com is another great resource. One specific feature that they have which is absolutely genius, is when you comment on an article that someone posted, you have to wait 60 seconds before it’s accepted. This means you can’t navigate away or close the browser, so you’re left with only about 900 other comments on which to read and formulate more comments for. The fact about commenting - period - is that for a site like
Digg, user participation is the key “product” really, which is in turn supplied (for free) by people like you and I who for whatever reason justify the expense of our time with the reasoning that it’s important to “have a voice.” In reality, SN sites capitalize on the fact that most people have nothing better to do with their time, are self centered and being involved in debating a current affair is an interesting alternative to the classic wasteful pastime of watching television. I admit that staying on top of things and getting involved in an intelligent conversation is a far better use of time than many other wasteful activities. Masses of people running around everywhere, switching focus every 0.001 seconds. Regardless, Digg has managed to provide a unique combination of elements with which this type of addictive behavior is made possible. If only they could leverage their audience for advertisers as Facebook has… It’s interesting to watch how Facebook is leveraging its traffic with its new application feature. It’s nice how the model isn’t monetized (it’s free for all), it’s just another way to attain a larger and more unique supply of targeted traffic which is really what they sell (to advertisers.) It’s nice to see that amidst all the record-setting buyout offers, criticism and volatile changes in SN culture, Facebook has been able to hold steady, remain innovative and become the leader without “selling-out” and at the same time not losing sight of the users even though they are only indirectly their customers.
Nice post. Must say, you’ve done a great job with your post. Do update it with more such exemplary posts in the future also. Thanks for sharing.

madelinekim
10-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Designing social networking site is not much tough that its seems. Use of obsolete coding technology and the Marketing of the website plays a key factor while designing the social networking. One has to focus on this factors.

ayishabanu
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
1. Pay attention
2. Be creative
3. Be exclusive

Thanks for the sharing the great post about designing a social networking website..Creativity is more important for a website...

ALANHB
05-05-2013, 08:34 AM

WOwwww that is ome information really nice bro

rosterfedrik
05-21-2013, 07:26 AM
BoswellZahra, It is very important information for social networking site designing. Because today social network through millions of people are connected. So designing is very important to attract visitor on our social media site and get publicity of the website.

Dam Ponting
11-14-2017, 08:33 AM
To Design a Social Networking site we need to take after these means:

Stage 1: Develop a Concept Based Upon Value to Users. ...
Stage 2: Social Network Development – Initial Considerations. ...
Stage 3: Social Networking Website Development 2.0. ...
Stage 4: Development 3.0 – The Team. ...
Stage 5: Marketing/Promoting Your Site. ...
Stage 6: Monetizing Your Site. ...
Stage 7: Site Maintenance and Scaling.

manchun
11-14-2017, 12:58 PM
You should design all the latest feature of social media website.

davidweb09
11-15-2017, 11:03 AM
To design a social networking website is very easy But Idea which type of social networking is most important thing.