PDA

View Full Version : Do you know the difference between Indexing and Caching?

Ackerson26
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Indexing is a process to make a webpage searchable on search engine whereas the process of the chasing refes to provide a reprinting content Google also takes a snapshot of each page on a website and stores it in a different data base which is known as cache data base.

SteveHadson
03-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, as per my knowledge caching is depends on indexing. first crawler index your website urls in their database, then cache the content of your web page. whenever you modify any content on the web page, crawler again cache that web page because that web page has been already been indexed.

james2012smith
03-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Well, as per my knowledge caching is depends on indexing. first crawler index your website urls in their database, then cache the content of your web page. whenever you modify any content on the web page, crawler again cache that web page because that web page has been already been indexed.
Hi SteveHadson,

According to my opinion and knowledge, i think you are right.

steveschmidt85
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM

Well no Google 1st crawl our data (that software being called crawler or spiders) and than keep that data in their index or database

ellis123
04-05-2012, 08:56 AM
We can define search engine Index as a huge Database where webpage are placed or indexed and catching is the process that match the keyword which typed by user with search engines database. The both indexing and catching activity done by the automated software called crawler or robot

pryphpmysql
05-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Crawling is where search engines spiders / bots move from web page to web page by following the links on the pages and Indexing is when Google visited your website and has added you to its database.

jdavid
05-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Indexing is a process to make a webpage searchable on search engine whereas the process of caching refers to providing a reprinting content snapshot.

For example, if we uploaded a new website, then first of all search engine crawler will read the site and after that, it will store all its contents in its Index Data Base in a different format (by giving priority to the h1, h2, or bold, title, meta tags etc.), it will not place content as it was published. As a result, the site will appear in search results for optimized keywords.

Google also takes a snapshot of each page on a website and stores it in a different data base which is known as cache data base. If you click on the “Cached” link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. while, Google creates the index and the database of documents that it accesses when processing a query.

webdesignseo
06-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Absolutely you are right.

cloudcomputing
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Indexing is a process to make a webpage searchable on search engine whereas the process of caching refers to providing a reprinting content snapshot.

For example, if we uploaded a new website, then first of all search engine crawler will read the site and after that, it will store all its contents in its Index Data Base in a different format (by giving priority to the h1, h2, or bold, title, meta tags etc.), it will not place content as it was published. As a result, the site will appear in search results for optimized keywords.

Google also takes a snapshot of each page on a website and stores it in a different data base which is known as cache data base. If you click on the “Cached” link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. while, Google creates the index and the database of documents that it accesses when processing a query.

I hope this will help you out !!

amrita12
06-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Hi

Yes, I know the difference but in recent add-ons in firefox, I dont know how to check whether blog or site is cached or not ...So can any one tell me ...
Thanks for sharing an information with us...

alexisrois
07-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Indexing is where search engine has crawled the web & ranks the URLs found using different criteria & places them in the database or index.
Caching is where copies of web pages stored locally on an Internet user's disk drive or within a search engine's database.

rosy01
09-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Cache means the snapshot of a web page captured and indexed by the Google and if you want to check it then just type cache://domain name. This will provide you the last cache of your page with date and time.

Index means if you search your site in Google by domain name and if it shows you even a single result which contains your site domain then you can think that Google have indexed your site and if you can't get even a single result then it means that your site not indexed yet.

sophia01
09-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Cache means the snapshot of a web page captured and indexed by the Google and if you want to check it then just type cache://domain name. This will provide you the last cache of your page with date and time.

Index means if you search your site in Google by domain name and if it shows you even a single result which contains your site domain then you can think that Google have indexed your site and if you can't get even a single result then it means that your site not indexed yet.
Nice post, keep up the good work. Hope to read more such amazing posts. Thanks once again for sharing this difference.

morganlong
10-02-2012, 05:54 AM
I also agree with you opinion. It is quite right information.

cisankur1
10-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Both work done by crawler and when crawler come first time in your site its also index your page in SERP and after it return your page again and again for giving the weightage for your site.

ruby01
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Excellent posting. Thanks for keeping us updated with such intriguing stuff. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Biztech
11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Cache means the snapshot of a web page captured and indexed by the Google and if you would like to check it then presently type cache://domain name. This will give you the last cache of your page with date and time.
Index means if you search your site in Google by domain name and if it demonstrates you still a single result which encloses your site domain then you can think that Google have indexed your site and if you can't get even a single result then it means that your site not indexed yet.

rajendersingh50
12-01-2012, 04:02 AM
i know only one thing that all these process are done to increase the ranking of websites...

uthra
12-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Crawling : It is the process when bot reads your web page
Indexing : It is the process of adding your webpage in to the search engines database

Dam Ponting
11-21-2017, 05:14 AM
Yes Indexing gathers, parses, and stores information to encourage quick and exact data recovery. A substitute name for the procedure with regards to web indexes is Web ordering.
whereas Caching is the way toward putting away information in a cache.A reserve is a brief stockpiling range.

Ash2994
11-22-2017, 11:11 AM
indexing means the process of adding your webpage to the search engines database and Caching means the snapshot of a web page captured and indexed by the Google

manchun
11-23-2017, 01:18 PM
indexing is process to update the data of website in Google database.
Cache is process to refresh the data in the Google database

Akshay_M
03-13-2023, 11:08 AM
Indexing is where a search engine has crawled the web and ranks the URLs found using various criteria and places them in the database. Caching is where copies of web pages are stored locally on an Internet user's hard drive or within a search engine's database.