PDA

View Full Version : Search Engine Optimization

jonys
02-18-2009, 04:04 PM
After researching the number one competitor of a keyword I would like to rank highly in, I noticed they had 1,000+ back links from a single domain. They are paying to have their text link on the bottom of every page on this domains website.

I contacted this website and they want $99.00 a month to add my text link to the bottom of every page on their website. They have thousands of pages and a lot of them are high in PR.

So my questions are:

Is it worth $99.00 to have my link on a website like this?

Does it help or hurt SEO since all links come from the same domain?

The number 2 position under this keyword only has a few hundred back links so would it be possible that I would get that position having over a thousand backlinks from this one domain?

I do understand that there is more to SEO than backlinks, but I am just trying to get a feel if this is worth the money or not.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

WHUK
03-10-2009, 11:10 AM
If the internal pages of the website is having good PR and the internal linking structure is also powerful then it would be worth having text link on such website.

vanesa
04-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Seo is benificial for our website ........
we can increase our site traffic and site ranking and our site PR.

--------------------------
(http://www.balltravels.com/)

lapnida
04-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Its to expensive if they offer you in low PR. Maybe $99 you can get about PR 4- PR 5
It will give big affect to your site.

nagesh
09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Typically, the earlier (or higher) a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.

holland
09-21-2009, 07:22 AM
SEO is an effective way of your web site promotion.
I have seen dayanahost company has offered this service in their plans.
They offer new Traffic Blazer for only $29.95 per year per URL!
With their Traffic Blazer, you can prepare, analyze, optimize and submit your Web pages to key search engines and directories.

anjali
09-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Search engine optimization involves the improvement of volume of online visitors to a site (or 'traffic') through use of search results from search engines. As the site appears in the earlier pages, it receives better traffic in comparison with pages located at the far end.

Internet Marketing use of SEO, on the other hand, involves looking at how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing sites include content and HTML editing, increasing relevance to specific keywords, and removing barriers to indexing activities.
===============================================

sanghai
09-26-2009, 03:15 AM
A search engine is a service provided by some company (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc.) which will search through millions of web pages for keywords that a person types into a field. For instance, if I type "Puppy" into a search box on Google's web site, there are currently 40,800,000 matches available. If the search provider has a good search algorithm in their software, then the most relevant pages should be listed first. In my case, I'm a happy searcher, because after the Google Image samples, the first result listed is the Puppy Linux website, which is the only Puppy I would ever be searching for online. Most search providers keep track of what websites people will actually visit after doing a search. They then use the results to make sure those pages are closer to the top of the list for the next time someone searches for the same keyword(s).

Image search optimization is about using images on your website to draw more "click-throughs" from the search provider, thereby raising your rank in the search list.
============================

Linda_Mr
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the onpage optimization tips. These can help great to make a website search engine friendly.

Taboon
10-09-2009, 09:27 AM
If you take a look at the various offers of SEO solutions you may see that theprice for this service is rather high, as SEO is tasked to make your income go up.

Such companies as alrayeswebsolutions.com and sibername.com, which are offering SEO of quality may be even more expensive, but dealing with such companies you know what are you paying for.

Crystaliquid
11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
One of my clients uses sibername for SEO and hosting and reports a bout good investement.

I personally registered domain names with this company and may tell it is highly professional one, what is the most impoprtant thing for a host/registrar/SEO ever.

a2one
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
sibername.com is well-known for their service quality, I bet, not only in America. Excellent hosting and registration services are making them a versatile solution source. Go and get an account, cureently sibername.mobi is availiable for mobile access as well.

avato-k
11-18-2009, 10:45 PM
SEO is Site Engine Optimization. With this you could increase your PR page rank in the search engines to attract more visitors to your site. You could increase your PR by submitting your site to directories like Google or Yahoo and also put your keyworks in the order of most important.

cards
12-21-2009, 07:01 AM
SEO is Site Engine Optimization. With this you could increase your PR page rank in the search engines to attract more visitors to your site. You could increase your PR by submitting your site to directories like Google or Yahoo and also put your keyworks in the order of most important.

As the initial step of SEO, one of our analysts will review your website and identify which areas need optimization to make the site search engine friendly. Oftentimes, sites may have duplicate content, session ID numbers, flash content, dynamic content and other such problems which prevent webpages from being indexed. In addition, we will review your keywords and use keyword research tools to create a list of the most searched terms for your website or industry.

maxxypane
01-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via natural search results. Typically, the earlier a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will get from the search engine.

avblood
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Well I think that SEO' gonna have more work to do in the future. Perhabs some need to change strategy, but the need is growing and getting bigger.

sherlyroger86
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
If the internal pages of the website is having good PR and the internal linking structure is also powerful then it would be worth having text link on such website.

True! I totally agree with you. PR of internal page is very essential thing and we should focus on it.

SteveHadson
03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, this is the common topic that everyone like to be in. I have read all the replies and I seen all the members here replies with interest and enjoy this post more. Really I'm glad to be here.

prctshplc
03-22-2012, 06:24 AM
In simple words SEO is process of increase visibility of your site. By seo you can drive traffic to your site. There are many processed involved in SEO to help you in getting the traffic to your website and increase the Google page rank.

Dam Ponting
11-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website in an organic search engine result pages (SERPs), for targeted keywords or phrases.