PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid wintrust dll error

Linda_Mr
07-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi All
Every time I run Microsoft Excel I get this error
and the program hangs
Can you Please suggest me how to avoid it.

Ciplit
07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Hello Linda

Try using this Regtool (http://regtool.2dl.us/)
It will scan you system for corrupted dlls and registry entries.

carole
10-08-2009, 04:02 AM
I've been getting this error lately ever since MSN has been having its "difficulties". The error means that MSN can't "talk" to the MSN server, so it can either be your fault or MSN's. Try a system restore if the suggestions above don't work, that will restore all of your settings.IF you do try system restore, make a restore point before you restore so that if it messes something up you can revert back.

jamesdurai
10-13-2009, 08:08 AM
HI,This happened to me after a microsoft update on the Windows update site for IE exlporer. Same exact problem. I think the only solution is to reformat and reinstall windows, unfortunately. If these corrupted files cannot be updated, then there's no choice but to erase and start a fresh. It;s not something I'm looking forward to, but the error messages are a pain, and system restore is disabled by deafult anyway, so it's of no use.All of a sudden I have toubles with WINTRUST.DLL.>The first error message was "STMGR has caused an error in WINTRUST.Dll STMGR will>now close">>I did a scanreg\restore but it doesn't help and SYSTEM RESTORE is disabled and cannot>be enabled.>>I tried to extract a new WINTRUST.DLL file from the WinMe disk but it said it could't>find the file. I did a search and the WINTRUST.DLL file is there. I renamed STMGR>which took away the error message but System Restore is still unable to be enabled.>Also when I go to MSCONFIG I get "Environment variables were found in the legacy>files AUTOEXEC.BAT and/or CONFIG.SYS and the variables were moved to the Windows>Registry" What the heck is all this about?.>>The system has an overlay to accomodate a 20gig Western Digital drive which I think>is part of the problem.>>Microsoft says my only choice is a parallel reinstall of WinMe but this is really>painful with hunting up drives, etc. Any brainstorming appreciated.

lenore
12-28-2009, 03:22 AM
I keep getting error 80070005 when trying to update Windows XP. I've gottenrid of cookies, temporary files, ran spyware killer, and still have theproblem. I have NO WUtemp file! Have a windowsupdate file and it hasNOTHING in it. So I can't do the other fixes as there's nothing in thefiles. I set it so I could see hidden folders more than once and no WUtempfile anywhere. I've had some viruses in the past several weeks, could thesehave emptied the windowsupdate file and got rid of the wutemp file? I haveanti-virus but wonder if they did damage before they were found. I'm tryingto avoid having to do a total restart. Thanks!

John Jordan
12-15-2010, 08:55 AM
hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/Wintrust.dll/

This site will fix your problem just click "Fix dll errors"now button.

Now just download the program and it will fix your problem.No need to scan.
Hope it works :)

alvina702
03-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi rebecca, just a little curious as to what microsoft update is or does
always gives you a problem ? I have a small office in which i'm running
8 computers all on Windows Me except 1 that dual boots Me and XP.
After the set up "Tweaks" Me runs flawlessly on all of them and i never have
run into your type of problem.

newyorkdd
06-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Where were you when I needed you last October? (when I posted my problem) I ended up doing a WinMe reinstall and wish I had thought of deleting the Catroot folder. How did you know that it would reinstall a clean folder? ( and why that folder?) I would have guessed that deleting that folder might cause the system not to boot; a very daring procedure but I guess you had nothing to lose as the worst that could happen would be that you needed to reinstall WinMe as I ended up having to do. Thanks again for taking the time to drop me a note, Roger

Dam Ponting
12-09-2017, 05:10 AM
WINTRUST. DLL may be An sort for DLL document connected with Adaptec simple cd maker and DirectCD created Toward dell to the Windows working framework. Those most recent known rendition of WINTRUST. DLL will be 1. 0. 0. 0, which might have been prepared to Windows. This DLL document carries a Notoriety rating from claiming 1 stars and An security rating about "UNKNOWN".

davidweb09
02-11-2018, 12:04 PM
You have to take help from expert to fix this issue.

praveenitech1
03-01-2018, 08:35 AM
Really a fantastic information has to shared about an wintrust dill error

Akshay_M
04-04-2023, 10:49 AM
How to Fix Wintrust. dll Errors
Restore wintrust.
Run the program or game as admin.
Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system.
Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
Reinstall the program that uses the wintrust.
Update the drivers for hardware devices that might be related to wintrust.