PDA

View Full Version : What about Shared Hosting ?

host
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Shared Hosting (http://www.axelaris-hosting.com/web-hosting) is an option proposed by web hosting providers to allow to their customer to host their web sites. It's known that this product is the cheapest alternative to see one day your site on internet. But what's really a Shared Hosting?
By Shared Hosting, The provider means that he will give a dedicated disk space in one of his servers (http://www.axelaris-hosting.com/vps-hosting). But you will tell me where is the "shared" if I have my own disk space?

In fact, the only thing (by "thing" i mean material) you will have is a disk and you will shared all the rest. A server needs a calculation capacity (RAM, CPU) to be able to run and manage your data, applications and databases. And it is this calcul capacity that you will share with other customers.

Of course, a server has a limited calcul capacity. So yours, depends on the number of customers, hosted in the same main server, and of the material configuration. Make sure that your web site is not dynamic, don't have greedy applications and that it don't have a huge databases. It's primordial to know what is the needed ressources for your site before acquiring a server (if you don't want to see your pages planting).

openeshore
11-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Web hosting is the storage of a website and the delivery of its web pages to the Internet. It is suitable for personal sites, small businesses, and even medium sized businesses if their hosting needs fit within the parameters of a small business.

keth
11-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Web hosting is also used for business, e-commerce or family ventures. you will take advantage of free internet hosting or just pursue e-commerce ventures with different paid internet hosting plans for your web site.

keth
11-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Web hosting is inexpensive and affordable hosting service, mostly used by small and medium companies and for personal needs.

host
11-30-2012, 07:24 AM
web hosting can be used for personnal use too. To host a blog,a database ...