PDA

View Full Version : Save a complete webpage *and the pages it links to*

mosifekam
07-05-2013, 05:42 AM
I'm a member of another forum, and my PM inbox is nearly full. It uses outdated phpBB software with no "export" option, and saving these messages would require manually saving every single one, and the result would be an unorganized mess.

I've been wondering if there's a way to save a webpage *and the pages it links to*, so that when I click "file>save" it actually saves all of those links. Of course technically it probably links to all of the pages on the internet, if we follow each link, then each link at that link, and so forth. But I could either set it to just one-level, or to a limited directory, or whatever.

Another way of phrasing this is whether it's possible to save all files in a certain directory via HTTP rather than FTP, assuming all of the links are known/knowable. (I'm not trying to access hidden files.) Technically, this would include PHP-generated dynamic pages, such as those at a forum.

Of course this could potentially be used for bad purposes (stealing an entire forum), but let's focus on the good uses.

I know I could write this myself in PHP, but it would be a pain, and I'd probably be better off just saving all of the messages manually. (http://bastcomputer.blogspot.com/)

Any ideas?

nicole_powell
07-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I am not clear with your question ? And what is this URL about ?