Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is DBMS?

Default What is DBMS?

Hello Friends,

Please tell me what is DBMS.

DBMS are computer software applications that interact with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data.

DBMS stands for Database management system . A database management system (DBMS) is a collection of programs that enables you to store, modify, and extract information from a database

A DBMS is the software that allows a computer to perform database functions of storing, retrieving, adding, deleting and modifying data.

Data Base Management System is called DBMS and it works through oracle or MSQL database. Each website has its unique own database that is stored to run it over the internet. The database includes, images, content i.e text, videos and media too.

Quote Originally Posted by cutegirl View Post
    Data Base Management System is called DBMS and it works through oracle or MSQL database. Each website has its unique own database that is stored to run it over the internet. The database includes, images, content i.e text, videos and media too.
    i am looking for like this simple and clean response. Thank you for the nice explanation.

Database management systems (DBMS) are computer software applications that interact with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data. A general-purpose DBMS is designed to allow the definition, creation, querying, update, and administration of databases.

Hello Friends,

A database management system (DBMS) is system software for creating and managing databases. The DBMS provides users and programmers with a systematic way to create, retrieve, update and manage data.

We can see the official definition for DBMS in Wikipedia as follows:
    Database management systems (DBMS) are computer software applications that interact with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data. A general-purpose DBMS is designed to allow the definition, creation, querying, update, and administration of databases.

A database management system (DBMS) is system software for creating and managing databases. The DBMS provides users and programmers with a systematic way to create, retrieve, update and manage data