Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best ecommerce software?

Default What is the best ecommerce software?

I would like to know about the best ecommerce software from the point of experienced webmasters.

What is the best e-commerce software?

That is a really broad question now-a-days since there are so many ecommerce scripts and so many different reasons. For example, WHMCS is considered an ecommerce script but so is X-Cart. They are labeled for 2 separate markets.

The top 3 for general ecommerce that I have received the most good reviews are:

-OSCommerce
    -X-Cart
    -CubeCart

They also tend to be the most popular and well known scripts though too which probably have something to do with it. I think though it is best to stick to the name brand scripts since the community base is bound to be larger which always helps when it comes to bugs, support and customization.

I have good things about magento commerce software, the majority of web masters use this software.

Moreover, Miva Order shopping cart software can be also good for running e-commerce web sites.

I have heard the abundance of good feedbacks about magento software and highly recommend it for you.

Sell Online with Volusion’s E-commerce Software Solution.
    Starting an online business has never been easier. The experts at Volusion have done the work for you by compiling all of the tools you need to sell online into one search engine friendly shopping cart software solution. Volusion’s user-friendly ecommerce software gives you the power to start, grow and manage your online business with ease.
    --------------
    sustanon 250
    Ski Holidays France

Taking the advantage of the opportunity, I would like to say that magento commerce is a great ecommerce software... many webmasters appreciate it and prefer to use.

My suggestion is to spend some time writing a list of all the features you really need and those you would like. You've mentioned a couple already but I'm sure there are more.

then when you have the list try and get to test as many ecomm storefronts as possible before you decide.

Before I launched my first store I did a similar exercise. To be honest it took me about 3-4 months to decide. I would spend quite a while investigating a particular solution until I decided a particular flaw was simply not liveable.

To give you a feel, for me some requirements were, as a UK based store: support for non US$ currencies, support for UK postal systems, and UK payment providers. More generically, I wanted total flexibility over the look-and-feel and the comfort factor that if I needed to achieve a certain bit of functionality that didn't come out of the box, I could still achieve it somehow at a later stage.
    -----------------
    yoostar
    download cell phone ringtones

There are thousands of companies who have that exact deal though.

If you plan on offering that many products, I think you should pay a designer to make you a customized solution. Having a cheap cart isn't a good idea if you plan on having that mahy products because it'd be hard to manage such a big amount. www.intershop.com is a more professional cart and is used by www.actionvillage.com which houses there own inventory, and have ALOT of products.

Somethingmore customzed would allow your designer to build an way to effective organize and manage such a big selection.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    car parts
    chicago prom limo

You should check out Yahoo shopping cart. I have noticed that a lot of sites use it. I have used 1shoppingcart along with Worldpay in the past. They both were good. However, in future I would use a stand alone option like Yahoo.

I use http://www.fortune3.com and doesn't integrate with eBay but it does with Google. I'm sure a programer can do that if thats what you're looking for, does really well for the search engines too though.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    furniture for home
    get rid of rats