Thread: How to have 100% uptime?

Default How to have 100% uptime?

I know most will say its not possible, but how do you get as close to 100% as possible? Assume good server with good host, how do you make sure you will always be online?

For me choosing a reliable host with at least 99.9% uptime is not an easy thing. I read customer hosting reviews, ask experienced forum members about this or that host.
    Mostly, I prefer to get VPS instead of shared hosting. Some web hosts do oversell their shared network. As for my favorite VPS host, can highly recommend Vpsnine.com - all of their work is based on quality.
    Use 15% discount promo code FPROMOILP - it is also a great plus for the host to offer some nice specials and promos. Check out their twitter account: twitter.com/vpsnine

It’s sort of true but sort of an illusion.

100% uptime doesn’t mean 100% connectivity or 100% functionality. So, the site might be up but various users may not be able to access certain parts of it (or all of it) or some of the features are malfunctioning for some users.

In fact, most of the famous tech giants have had pretty significant outages at one point or another.

These days, outages aren’t particularly newsworthy. A company can keep a good reputation even with a few significant outages over the course of a year.