Thread: Myth about SEO?

Default Myth about SEO?

Which is your most believed SEO myth?
    Last edited by daikaads; 08-28-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Myth 1: Metatag Descriptions Help Your Rankings

Myth 2: The More Inbound Links, the Better

Myth 3: PageRank Still Matters

Myth 4: Google Prefers Keyword-Rich Domains

Myth 5: Websites Must Be 'Submitted' to Search Engines

Myth 6: Good SEO Is Basically About Trickery

There are many myths about search engine optimization. Here are some of them and their corresponding facts. Myths: SEO is not important, you can rank without it. It takes too long to see any results from SEO. If I do my keywords right, people will just find me naturally. Facts: If you don’t optimize your site for search engines, there’s a good chance no one will ever find your content. On average, it takes 8-12 months to start seeing significant rankings in Google. So if you want to get found quickly by people looking for your products or services, you need SEO. Without proper keyword targeting, it's very likely that someone else could be ranking above you for a given keyword (and getting all of that valuable traffic). This would be especially bad if someone else had an established business with more credibility than yours. For example, if someone searches best pizza Chicago, they'll probably end up at Lou Malnati's Pizzeria instead of Pizza Hut or Dominos because they've been around longer and have more credibility in that market.