Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Processor?

A processor, or CPU, is a circuit board inside a computer that executes instructions on behalf of programs.

A processor (CPU) is the logic circuitry that responds to and processes the basic instructions that drive a computer. The CPU is seen as the main and most crucial integrated circuitry (IC) chip in a computer, as it is responsible for interpreting most of computers commands. CPUs will perform most basic arithmetic, logic and I/O operations, as well as allocate commands for other chips and components running in a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartkspindlow View Post
    Hello Friends,

Please tell me what is processor.
    An integrated electronic circuit is called a processor. It does the calculations for a computer. A processor executes basic instructions given from an operating system, including mathematical, logical, input/output (I/O), and other operations (OS). The majority of other processes rely on the actions of a processor.

Default What is Processor?

Processor is a very important part of computer. It is also called the brain of the computer. This is because it has the news of all the activities happening inside the computer, that is to say, it controls all these things. It can process trillions of calculations at a time.

It understands the interpretation happening between software and hardware and gives us output by processing it. This happens inside all the devices like Mobiles, Tablets, Personal Computers, Laptops. It is also known as CPU.

Default Dazzle

A central processing unit, also called a central processor, main processor or just processor, is the electronic circuitry that executes instructions comprising a computer program.