Thread: Why Bing delay for website index?

Default Why Bing delay for website index?

Can anybody tell me how many days it will take bing to index my new website??

Maybe the following reasons are responsible to delay for website index

Bing supports the directives of the Robots Exclusion Protocol (REP) as listed in a site’s robots.txt file, which is stored at the root folder of a website. The robots.txt file is the only valid place to set a crawl-delay directive for MSNBot.

The robots.txt file can be configured to employ directives set for specific bots and/or a generic directive for all REP-compliant bots. Bing recommends that any crawl-delay directive be made in the generic directive section for all bots to minimize the chance of code mistakes that can affect how a site is indexed by a particular search engine.
    Note that any crawl-delay directives set, like any REP directive, are applicable only on the web server instance hosting the robots.txt file.

If you attract a search engine bot and there is content, then within a couple of days.

Bing webmaster usually takes time to crawl and index webpages in their database.
    Cheap VPS Hosting | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop Access
    Cheap Dedicated Servers | Linux Dedicated Server Hosting

If it turns out that no result is returned and your site or page is not in the index, it could be due to any or a combination of the following: Your site is new and we haven't discovered and crawled it yet: With new websites it can take Bing time to find links and crawl through to your website.

it varies, it seems to take as little as 4 days and up to 6 months for a site to be crawled by Google and attribute authority to the domain.

Although it varies, it seems to take as little as 4 days and up to 6 months for a site to be crawled by Google and attribute authority to the domain. When you publish a new blog post, site page, or website in general, there are many factors that determine how quickly it will be indexed by Google.