Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What recording software or hardware do you recommend?

For hardware -- you can head to Radio Shack and get a four-input mixer on the cheap. This gives you four inputs but one output. I recommend using a decent cardioid mic with a stand. The mixer and mic and cables will set you back roughly $80. For the input from your iPhone, grab a cheap cable to run from your Audio Out jack into the mixer.

The nice thing about the mixer is that you can set the levels using hardware instead of trying to manage multiple, competing input sources directly on the computer. All inputs into my podcast are pushed through the mixer, with the computer/Audacity having to deal with a single input. This makes it easier to export the podcast to MP3, since you don't need to spend as much time working through a file with several different clips embedded in it.

For Skype, there's a plug-in that lets you record conversations. Use that, and just incorporate the WAV file into Audacity. Head to Skype's in-app menu for plugins to download any which one you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Interlink2010 View Post
    I'm going to start recording and coming up w/ beats but what equipment do you all recommend. I get suggestions; some agree some don't lemme know what y'all think. What kinda mic, software, hardware etc.
    Now a days internet plays some significant role in our life and it provides best solution when we discover any type of product. I think you search on amazon PreSonus AudioBox Studio best deal available for Complete Hardware/Software Recording Kit and price approximately $ 249.

Ableton Live 10 Suite Multitrack Recording Software. ...
    Image Line FL Studio 20 Producer Edition.