Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to Format a PC

And be aware of partition and file formats while installing the fresh operating system in your pc.

Nice sharing. They are really working. Thanks for sharing.

It is a long procedure; you will need to have your CD drive selected as your first boot device. If it not already selected, you will need to go into your bios and set the boot priority to CD, then with your Windows CD in your CD drive, save and exit bios. During the installation your computer will reboot.

Nice blog, keep up the good work. Hope to read more such amazing blog posts. Thanks once again.

Default How are you?

It is my opinion many people keeping shifting the main topics and I normally followed looking for effective knowledge and always get all these nonsense responds. Not really cool

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkdd View Post
    (Formatting a PC is to delete all the data that currently is on your Computer and upgrade it to a newer version of an operating system or install the same operating system once again on the same computer.)

A virus has intruded in your PC or you want to upgrade from your older versions of Windows, you will have to format your PC. Formatting your PC can sometimes be a very tough process if you do not have the proper knowledge.

There are many benefits of formatting such as: Faster Computer No Virus etc.

But there are some disadvantages too: You lose all your data You have to install all your favourite software once again.

Now, lets start the process of formatting a PC.

First of all, you will need a bootable disk of WINDOWS XP to boot your computer from the disk. Warning -- Please backup all your data before you format your PC.

The process of formatting is as follows:

1. Insert the WINDOWS XP bootable disk in the CD drive.
    2. Restart your PC (if it was already running).
    3. Press enter when the monitor reads PRESS ANY KEY.
    4. Now comes the time to partition your drives.
    5. If you want to delete any partition, press D or L(whichever is displayed on the screen).
    6. Afterwards format the drive you want to install the operating system (XP) in.
    7. Press ENTER.
    8. The formatting will start.
    9. Follow the procedures. 10.It should take around 40 minutes for the installation to finish. 11.Use windows(HAVE A GOOD TIME).
    Nice and very useful information to the system beginners..When i am doing don't have this kind of guidance.But these days it is possible for system users..I hope this kind of technology is helps more to all by this way..Lets use this and know more things..thank you

If you want to format the pc than first you have to change the setting off boot. 1st boot option is CD-ROM. than enter a window xp or vista cd. then restart the PC then in screen
    one line written like "press any key to start format" . Now press any key and start formatting one by one step. and enjoy for OS.

After reading your query I did a quick Google search. I've found a article. I think it will help you in your query.
    technibble.com/how-to-format-a-computer-like-an-computer-technician/
    Please ignore if not useful.

Format till the valid if we install new windows program and all data delete in hard drive.

Dear All,

Here steps reformat windows 7.

1.)Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.
    2.)Restart your computer.
    3.)Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
    4.)On the Install Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
    5.)If the Install Windows page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
    6.)On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.
    7.)On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.
    8.)On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, click Drive options (advanced).
    9.)Click the partition that you want to format and click Format.
    10.)If you have more than one partition on this hard drive and want to get rid them to make one big drive again, then select a partition and click on the Delete option for each partition. Once you have deleted all of the partitions, select the Unallocated Space partition and click Format.
    11.)Pick the formatting option that you want.
    12.)When you've finished formatting, click Next.
    13.)Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.
    14.)If you do not want to reinstall Windows 7, you can cancel the installation at this point and keep your newly formatted drives.

Regards,

Best Regards,

Raquel Marasigan
    Technical Support Team
    GMO CLOUD AMERICA INC.
    Email: supportus@gmocloud.com (24hrs, 365 days)
    https://support.gmocloud.us/
    Raquel Marasigan
    Technical Support Team
    GMO Cloud America Inc.
    http://us.gmocloud.com/blog/