Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between exclude and include traffic?

Default Difference between exclude and include traffic?

Hi

From Google analytic help i get an information about Predefined filters,

Exclude traffic from the domains: use this filter to exclude traffic from a specific domain, such as an ISP or company network.

Please help me to understand Difference between exclude and include traffic of a site?

and what filter actually do?

As you want to analyze the traffic stats of your website then you should not count the visits made by you or your staff as you are not the prospective clients of your website hence the figures can be misguiding ones, and thats the reason you should exclude the visited made from your own IP and just count the original visitors from outside.

Include Traffic:

Traffic comes from the search engines like Google, yahoo, Bing etc.

Exclude Traffic:
    Traffic comes from some websites.you can use filter option to get protected from these websites.

knowledge base software

Quote Originally Posted by joni27 View Post
    Hi

Exclude traffic from the domains: use this filter to exclude traffic from a specific domain, such as an ISP or company network.

Please help me to understand Difference between exclude and include traffic of a site?

Quote Originally Posted by joni27 View Post
    Hi

Exclude traffic from particular ip or domain will not show visits made by that IP in analytics. While you or your team working on a website you have to open that website several times at that time you can prevent Google analytic to show you that your own visit
    Mantra Information Services Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

It's simple really. Excluded is, If you find that a particular IP or website is sending you bad neighbor traffic (Traffic generators, Link farms, Rotators, Paid to read, etc.) type sites, then you can list the domain or ip to be excluded from the official counts to protect your adsense account from getting banned for fraud

Included are sites and IP's you feel are sending legitimate traffic..

Default re:Difference between exclude and include traffic?

You have the option of excluding traffic from showing up in analytics if it is from a particular domain or range of domains.

There are many uses for this, for example, say your company's website is the home page on all your company computers. Well, every time someone opens their browser, that's going to fudge your data! So you might choose to exclude your office's IP address from showing up in analytics.

Thank you about Difference between exclude and include traffic

Thanks all for sharing a good post about the difference between include and exclude traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by prywordpress View Post
    Excluding traffic means to generate traffic from search engines whereas including traffic means to only have traffic which is coming directly. Exclude traffic means not considering or not being used in showing you the date where you are getting traffic.
    Thanks for updating me with such an amazing work for showing the difference between it. Truly commendable.

It's basically a filter which will allow you to check from which places you need to track the visitors. If you are do not want to check the traffic stats of users from other locations, you can simply exclude them and concentrate on the area from which you wish to check the traffic stats.