Thread: hosting for ecommerce

Default hosting for ecommerce

Hi all,

Which type of web hosting is best for a ecommerce website?

Pls advise

It depends on the size of your website. A shared hosting should be fine for a small website. But a VPS or a dedicated hosting plan should be a better choice for a high-traffic website. Also, don't forget to install SSL certificate for an eCommerce site. It is very important.
    Hostneverdie | Thailand trusted hosting provider offering robust & fast web hosting since 2009. Other services include email hosting, VPS, and SSL certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by edefiners View Post
    Hi all,

Pls advise
    What is your budget? You need to look at the quality of the service and especially customer support.

I think you will make the right decision to choose centohost.com , mddhosting.com or hostnamaste.com hosting solutions.
    Their stability, reliability and reputation go outside the bounds in every aspect of the question.
    “What makes you comfortable can ruin you, but what makes you uncomfortable is the only way to grow.” – Bill Eckstrom.

Hi all,

Pls advise
    E-Commerce websites need to look at a few things in specific when it comes to hosting and also as a business. Here are some key factors I look at while helping clients host an e-commerce website-

1. speed of website
    2. hosting
    3. trasnactions
    4. security
    5. image/product showcase

So, if you are looking for an e-commerce website to host with these parameters, I suggest you look at WordPress hosting so that your website will be a woocommerce website with seamless integrations for e-commerce. I mean that is one of the best in the market.

Also, look at your requirements. Ideally e-commerce websites will need a very high uptime given the nature of their business. You may also need a known brand to host from with many servers that can give enough storage. Also get an idea about what kind of traffic you expect because bandwidth is key for such websites.

Many brands I can suggest, I myself have deployed many websites on BlueHost India's servers when it comes to WordPress hosting. Do understand your requirements before you make a choice of your own.

-hope this helps

E-commerce-friendly services are available from hostingsource.com and rockhoster.com.
    The price is great! As someone who is just starting out, their services are really helpful especially the live chat, they responded professionally and answered all my questions without giving me the run around.

Hi all,

Pls advise
    Why not to give Hostforweb.com cheap web hosting a try? This decent hosting provider does seem to have some issues with customer service and tech support, however I would expect that this is mainly due to the lack of customer calls that are taken as the service is intuitive and quite easy to use. I can highly recommend their hosting to others.

Havent had a positive experience from them. Uptime is a little on the shaky side and you need to call the support where they feel clueless and helpless. I would recommend Bluehost India in this case because service and uptime is superior apart from the fact that their hold on e-commerce hosting is great.

SiteGround offers a great eCommerce hosting experience for small business at very reasonable prices. Their support team is fantastic, and their security features are a boon for both growing eCommerce enterprises and those just starting off.

6 Best Ecommerce Hosting Providers:

A2 Hosting – best all-around ecommerce hosting provider

SiteGround – best for ecommerce features

InMotion – best for ecommerce scalability

Bluehost – best for uptime

HostGator – best for help and support

DreamHost – best for beginners