Thread: How do I permanently buy a domain name?

Default How do I permanently buy a domain name?

How do I permanently buy a domain name?

Hi Friends,
    In the case of getting a new website address, while you cannot buy domain names outright or permanently, what you can do is to register a name. This is like purchasing a lease from the organisation that runs whatever registry the extension is associated with and shouldn't be confused with third party name leasing.

To permanently buy a domain you should approach a domain name provider/registrar who is authorised to sell domains and domain names. Then figure out what domain name you want and what kind of an extension you would like to buy. For. eg. a .COM domain would be for a website that is commercial. If you have a blog or want a blog then a .BLOG would make sense.,.. or if it is a self promotion website then so on and so forth. A domain provider like BigRock can help you with the same if you want to buy a domain name permanently.

Also understand that there is no one time upfront fee. Domain names need to be renewed. Ideally, they get renewed in 10 years but you need to pay an annual fee. I suggest you get in touch with BigRock , a reputed player, and understand how you can go about this if you want to buy one for yourself or your business.

There is no way to actually do this. You have to register and renew every single year like property taxes.

That's correct.

To permanently buy one is actually impossible because you end up paying every year to renew the same. So its like renting a house you want to live in but for a lifetime.