Thread: Can I use my VPS as a VPN?

Default Can I use my VPS as a VPN?

Can I use my VPS as a VPN?

If you need a VPN, there are three main options: using a free service, a paid one or setting up your own VPN server. ... Today, you can provision a VPS (Virtual Private Server) for a really low price and configure it as a VPN in order to hide and secure your Internet traffic.

It is true that they might appear similar in some respects, but the purpose of each of them is different. On the one hand, a VPS serves to keep our servers and machines safe. We can perform tests when installing software that may be suspicious, for example. It allows us to browse web pages that may be a threat and install malware on the computer. We can do this since, in reality, everything installed is not on our physical device but through a virtual server.

In the case of VPS, the connection is not hidden. Our IP address is available, and therefore we are not anonymous on the web. When entering a website, for example, that information will be exposed in the same way as if we browse with any device without protection.

On the other hand, a VPN service acts to improve the security of our connections. In this case, it does not work on a physical device but on the connection. It is beneficial to enhance privacy or avoid geo-blocking when accessing certain content on the Internet.

With this type of service, we are encrypting the Internet connection, and therefore we can navigate in a more secure and encrypted way. It is interesting to be able to access certain services that may be geographically blocked. For example, watch content from a streaming video platform, such as Netflix, from another country. We can quickly achieve this with these types of tools that are increasingly used.

Ultimately, there are differences between VPS and VPN. Sometimes they are terms that can be confused but are different. Both can help improve safety in certain circumstances and in their own way. We already know that security and privacy are highly valued by users and are not always present on the Internet. For this reason, precautions must be taken and always be alert.

Quote Originally Posted by digvijaybook View Post
    It is true that they might appear similar in some respects, but the purpose of each of them is different. On the one hand, a VPS serves to keep our servers and machines safe. We can perform tests when installing software that may be suspicious, for example. It allows us to browse web pages that may be a threat and install malware on the computer. We can do this since, in reality, everything installed is not on our physical device but through a virtual server.

In the case of VPS, the connection is not hidden. Our IP address is available like poker freerolls , and therefore we are not anonymous on the web. When entering a website, for example, that information will be exposed in the same way as if we browse with any device without protection.

On the other hand, a VPN service acts to improve the security of our connections. In this case, it does not work on a physical device but on the connection. This is beneficial to enhance privacy or avoid geo-blocking when accessing certain content on the Internet.

With this type of service, we are encrypting the Internet connection, and therefore we can navigate in a more secure and encrypted way. It is interesting to be able to access certain services that may be geographically blocked. For example, watch content from a streaming video platform, such as Netflix, from another country. We can quickly achieve this with these types of tools that are increasingly used.

Ultimately, there are differences between VPS and VPN. Sometimes they are terms that can be confused but are different. Both can help improve safety in certain circumstances and in their own way. We already know that security and privacy are highly valued by users and are not always present on the Internet. For this reason, precautions must be taken and always be alert.
    Always if possible use VPN.