Thread: Whats the difference between Ircd and Shell hosting?

Default Whats the difference between Ircd and Shell hosting?

I want to start my own Irc server. Whats the different kinds of hosting available, and can anyone recommend a hosting provider?

IRCD - IRCD will run on IRC daemon on the server, which means you can get control of it.

Shell Hosting - You can log into the server and execute the commands over ssh.

Types of hosting:
    1.Shared Hosting
    2.Dedicated Hosting
    3.VPS Hosting

I would recommend one web hosting provider name instantappz ( http://www.instantappz.com/) who is providing the best hosting services with 24 hr tech support too.

knowledge base software

Quote Originally Posted by josecook View Post
    I want to start my own Irc server. Whats the different kinds of hosting available, and can anyone recommend a hosting provider?

Post Re:

According to me Ircd will run an IRC daemon on the server for you. You only get to control it - no other aspects of the server while Shell hosting means that you can log into the server and execute any commands that you like, probably over ssh. That means that you can run an IRC daemon, but also a lot more stuff at once such as a web server. It is also harder to set up and maintain.

Default Whats the difference between Ircd and Shell hosting?

business since March' 2003 and provides a wide variety of web hosting, shoutcast hosting, FreeBSD VPS Hosting, dedicated server, email hosting, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting, VPN Hosting, SSH Tunnel Hosting, Proxy Hosting, ircd shell hosting, bnc shell, psybnc shell and UNIX irc shell hosting plans to suit the different needs of our clients; for example a customer who would want to set up a personal vhost, UNIX irc shell accounts, IRC Shells, bnc shells, eggdrop shell, psybnc shell, ircd shells, irc shell, custom vhost, dedicated server, personalized home page, shoutcast hosting, bnc shell, personal vhost hosting, FreeBSD VPS Hosting, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting, custom vhost, VPN Hosting, VPN Tunnel, PPTP VPN, OpenVPN, SSH Tunnel Hosting, Proxy Hosting or even a small business or large corporation.

Budget Hotels in India

IRCD accounts are to individuals who need to run their IRC organize alternately expand their existing you quit offering on that one. Each login will be looking into a differentiate server, spread between 3 us datacenters and 3 first parts of the EU datacenters. A shell account may be a client account around a remote server, customarily running under the unix operating system, which provides for entry with a shell by means of An command-line interface protocol for example, such that telnet or SSH.

Really An nice information has been shared Thanks for sharing ..

cloud shell is used to just interact with the gcp services. Like a console to interact with gcp service. An IRCd, short for Internet Relay Chat daemon, is server software that implements the IRC protocol, enabling people to talk to each other via the Internet (exchanging textual messages in real time). It is distinct from an IRC bot that connects outbound to an IRC channel.