Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know the difference between Indexing and Caching?

Default Do you know the difference between Indexing and Caching?

Indexing is a process to make a webpage searchable on search engine whereas the process of the chasing refes to provide a reprinting content Google also takes a snapshot of each page on a website and stores it in a different data base which is known as cache data base.

Well, as per my knowledge caching is depends on indexing. first crawler index your website urls in their database, then cache the content of your web page. whenever you modify any content on the web page, crawler again cache that web page because that web page has been already been indexed.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHadson View Post
    Well, as per my knowledge caching is depends on indexing. first crawler index your website urls in their database, then cache the content of your web page. whenever you modify any content on the web page, crawler again cache that web page because that web page has been already been indexed.
    Hi SteveHadson,

According to my opinion and knowledge, i think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHadson View Post
    Well no Google 1st crawl our data (that software being called crawler or spiders) and than keep that data in their index or database
    Mantra Information Services Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

We can define search engine Index as a huge Database where webpage are placed or indexed and catching is the process that match the keyword which typed by user with search engines database. The both indexing and catching activity done by the automated software called crawler or robot
    Last edited by ellis123; 04-27-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Crawling is where search engines spiders / bots move from web page to web page by following the links on the pages and Indexing is when Google visited your website and has added you to its database.

Indexing is a process to make a webpage searchable on search engine whereas the process of caching refers to providing a reprinting content snapshot.

For example, if we uploaded a new website, then first of all search engine crawler will read the site and after that, it will store all its contents in its Index Data Base in a different format (by giving priority to the h1, h2, or bold, title, meta tags etc.), it will not place content as it was published. As a result, the site will appear in search results for optimized keywords.

Google also takes a snapshot of each page on a website and stores it in a different data base which is known as cache data base. If you click on the “Cached” link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. while, Google creates the index and the database of documents that it accesses when processing a query.

Absolutely you are right.

Indexing is a process to make a webpage searchable on search engine whereas the process of caching refers to providing a reprinting content snapshot.

For example, if we uploaded a new website, then first of all search engine crawler will read the site and after that, it will store all its contents in its Index Data Base in a different format (by giving priority to the h1, h2, or bold, title, meta tags etc.), it will not place content as it was published. As a result, the site will appear in search results for optimized keywords.

Google also takes a snapshot of each page on a website and stores it in a different data base which is known as cache data base. If you click on the “Cached” link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. while, Google creates the index and the database of documents that it accesses when processing a query.

I hope this will help you out !!

Default Re:

Hi

Yes, I know the difference but in recent add-ons in firefox, I dont know how to check whether blog or site is cached or not ...So can any one tell me ...
    Thanks for sharing an information with us...