Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Benefits of Cloud Computing

Default The Benefits of Cloud Computing

here are lots of advantages to using cloud computing for international companies. One of the major ones is the flexibility that it offers. Cloud computing means that staff can access the files and data that they need even when they're working remotely and/or outside office hours.

As long as they can get on the Internet, staff can access information from home, on the road, from clients' offices or even from a smartphone such as a BlackBerry or iPhone. Staff can also work collaboratively on files and documents, even when they're not physically together. Documents can simultaneously be viewed and edited from multiple locations.

Cloud computing can be very quick and easy to get up and running. Consider, for example, how quickly you can set up a Gmail or Hotmail account and start emailing - it takes minutes and all you need is a computer and the Internet. Downloading and installing software, on the other hand, takes much longer.

Cloud computing is often cheaper and less labor-intensive for companies too. There is no need to buy and install expensive software because it's already installed online remotely and you run it from there, not to mention the fact that many cloud computing applications are offered free of charge. The need to pay for extensive disk space is also removed. With cloud computing, you subscribe to the software, rather than buying it outright. This means that you only need to pay for it when you need it, and it also offers flexibility, in that it can be quickly and easily scaled up and down according to demand. This can be particularly advantageous when there are temporary peaks in demand, such as at Christmas or in summer, for example.

A major advantage of using cloud computing for many companies is that because it's online, it offers virtually unlimited storage compared to server and hard drive limits. Needing more storage space does not cause issues with server upgrades and equipment - usually all you need to do is increase your monthly fee slightly for more data storage.

In Cloud Hosting, Cost is reduced while comparing with other types of web hosting. And also, it offers much more flexibility than past computing methods.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcomputing View Post
    here are lots of advantages to using cloud computing for international companies. One of the major ones is the flexibility that it offers. Cloud computing means that staff can access the files and data that they need even when they're working remotely and/or outside office hours.

As long as they can get on the Internet, staff can access information from home, on the road, from clients' offices or even from a smartphone such as a BlackBerry or iPhone. Staff can also work collaboratively on files and documents, even when they're not physically together. Documents can simultaneously be viewed and edited from multiple locations.

Cloud computing can be very quick and easy to get up and running. Consider, for example, how quickly you can set up a Gmail or Hotmail account and start emailing - it takes minutes and all you need is a computer and the Internet. Downloading and installing software, on the other hand, takes much longer.

Cloud computing is often cheaper and less labor-intensive for companies too. There is no need to buy and install expensive software because it's already installed online remotely and you run it from there, not to mention the fact that many cloud computing applications are offered free of charge. The need to pay for extensive disk space is also removed. With cloud computing, you subscribe to the software, rather than buying it outright. This means that you only need to pay for it when you need it, and it also offers flexibility, in that it can be quickly and easily scaled up and down according to demand. This can be particularly advantageous when there are temporary peaks in demand, such as at Christmas or in summer, for example.

A major advantage of using cloud computing for many companies is that because it's online, it offers virtually unlimited storage compared to server and hard drive limits. Needing more storage space does not cause issues with server upgrades and equipment - usually all you need to do is increase your monthly fee slightly for more data storage.

Thanks for your informative posts!

It adds-on to my knowledge regarding Cloud Hosting.

Continue to share!

Hi,

Check out this article to Get to Know the complete benefits from Cloud computing. Hope, you may find it useful one: http://www.verio.com/resource-center...ting-benefits/
    HostSoch.in :: A Leading Web Hosting company in India
    Shared Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Dedicated Servers

Right now cloud computing is more hot selling in terms of hosting or other services as it is cheap and affordable in comparison to companies providing web hosting service. So i have say I will be opting for could hosting very soon for my website.
    Party all the Time with DJ Music Oh yeah !!!

Default Cloud Computing

Cloud Computing is the next best thing on the internet these days. The most coveted benefit of cloud computing is the heightened security it offers at a very minimal price. single organization cannot achieve that level of security for its data at such low prices.

Additional to the benefits that we can get from Cloud Computing are:

Reduced Cost
    Cloud technology is paid incrementally, saving organizations money.

Increased Storage
    Organizations can store more data than on private computer systems.

Highly Automated
    No longer do IT personnel need to worry about keeping software up to date.

Flexibility
    Cloud computing offers much more flexibility than past computing methods.

More Mobility
    Employees can access information wherever they are, rather than having to remain at their desks.

Allows IT to Shift Focus
    No longer having to worry about constant server updates and other computing issues, government organizations will be free to concentrate on innovation.

There are lots of benefits for having cloud than the traditional way as already given and just to add up some advantages for cloud computing are:

Fewer maintenance concerns: Having fewer servers necessary in the organization it's maintenance costs are immediately reduced. As for software, remember that all cloud apps are based elsewhere, so there’s no software on the organization’s computers for the IT staff to maintain.

Increased Computing Power: You have the power of the entire cloud at your disposal. You can now perform super computing like tasks utilizing the power of thousands of computers and servers. Simply you can attempt greater tasks in the cloud than on your desktop.
    Jay Santos Fernando
    Technical Support Team
    GMO CLOUD AMERICA INC.
    Email: supportus@gmocloud.com (24hrs, 365 days)
    https://support.gmocloud.us/

Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Cloud computing has proven to be very beneficial for me personally. It has become a lot easier for me to have a virtual office that allows me to travel more because I can operate my business from anywhere, at any time. Also, being able to access the date on my phone has made it so much more convenient. Here are some advantages that I got after I started using cloud computing for my business.

Reduced Costs- Moving to cloud computing has reduced my operating cost considerably. I no longer have to use expensive IT systems and other costly equipment (that also take a lot of maintenance btw) as I shifted to the resources provided by my service provider. The areas where I am able to save a lot are system upgrades (as new hardware and software are included in my contract), staff expense, energy consumption, etc
    Data Security- Data and systems protection is an important benefit I got after moving to cloud as it helped with my business continuity. It was certainly very helpful during power failures as I had my data backed up in the cloud ensuring that it was at a safe location. I was able to access my data again quickly and conduct business as usual which helped me minimize my downtime.
    Better Collaboration- Cloud has made it so much easier for me to communicate and share my files as compared to the traditional methods. It has especially helped a lot in my projects that were spread across different locations, where I could use cloud computing to give employees, contractors and all other concerned parties access to the same files.
    Better Monitoring-Before moving to cloud, I was facing a little problem of inconsistent reporting. On cloud, all my documents are stored in one place and in a single format. With everyone accessing the same information, maintaining consistency in data is easier, human error is a lot less, and I always have records for any revisions or updates.
    These are a few major upgrades I experienced when I switched to cloud and now after having used it, I can surely say that I cannot go back.