Thread: Recover a Windows Logon Password on Dell Laptop

Default Recover a Windows Logon Password on Dell Laptop

I got a Dell m1530 desktop some years ago. Yesterday, my stupid brother came to tell me that he changed the password on my Dell desktop but after he logged off, he found he forgot it. Until now, I have tried safe mode to reset my lost password, but failed again and again. When I tried to switch users it says you must login and verify your computer. Please do help me and what should I do???

This tutorial will show you how to reset Dell password for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000 local account. From now on, you don't need to worry about lost Windows password problems. Commonly, we can try 2 free solutions for Dell laptop password recovery when we forgot Dell Windows login password.

Solution 1: Reset Dell password with another administrator account
    Personal user accounts and passwords make it easy for multiple people to use one computer. Users can save their individual settings, Internet bookmarks and documents to make for a more personalized experience. If you created several different user accounts on your Dell account before you were locked out from your own user account, and as long as you can still access to other user account on your computer, you then can easily reset your forgotten password and get access to your own account again.

Of course, when you use other user account on your Dell laptop to reset a forgotten or lost password, this kind of user account should be with administrative privileges. If you are in this situation, then the following steps will guide you on how to reset Dell password:

1. Log in to your Dell laptop with other accessible user account.
    2. Click the Start button on your task bar and then navigate to the Search box.
    3. Now input "lusrmgr.msc" without quotations into the field. Then press Enter on your keyboard.
    4. Double click Local Users and Groups in the window that appears. Then right click the user account you want to reset the password for and then click Set Password option.
    5. Type a new password and next confirm it without knowing the original password. Next, click OK to finish forgotten Dell password reset.

Solution 2: Use Windows password reset disk.
    In Windows 7, Vista, XP, people can create a password reset disk before they losing password. If you have prepared a password reset disk before, it is very easy to reset Windows password. Please see the step-by-step guide to reset dell administrator password. Here we take Windows 7 password reset disk for example:

1: Insert your Windows 7 password reset disk and start your Dell PC. In the welcome screen, login with a incorrect password. It will prompt you that logon failed and show you a link "reset password".
    2: Click "Reset password", when a "Password Reset Wizard" start. Click "Next".
    3: Select your drive name from pull-down list, click "Next".
    4: Type a new password and confirm it. In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint for the password or not, and then click "Next -> Finish".
    5: Now you can log on to Windows 7 again with the new password.
    Here are some tips for you to re-access your locked computer when you forgot the password: Windows Password Reset, Windows 7 Password Reset, Windows 8 Password Reset.

This is really good information for me because recently I bought Dell laptop.
    The best Android app Development Company in Malaysia..!

I tried many recovery application to recover my password. Thanks it is helpful for Dell branded users.

Most of password tools work by resetting the password. If you don’t know the password and also don’t want to reset the password, you have to use PCUnlocker Live CD.

On the off chance that you are utilizing a neighborhood PC account and have a Password Reset Disk (USB Key), take after these means:

1. At the Windows logon screen, click Reset secret key.

2. Embed the Reset USB key.

3. Take after the directions on-screen to make another watchword.

4. Sign into the record utilizing your new secret key.

thanks for sharing this information... it is really good information for me and also for dell users.