Thread: What is LESS?

Default What is LESS?

Hey guys, I want to know about less. what is less? the syntax is like CSS but it require less codding. But, i want to know how to use less? do codding without any software installation on i need to install a package to use it?

Hi Friends,
    Less is a dynamic preprocessor style sheet language that can be compiled into Cascading Style Sheets and run on the client side or server side. Designed by Alexis Sellier, Less is influenced by Sass and has influenced the newer "SCSS" syntax of Sass, which adapted its CSS-like block formatting syntax.

Less (Leaner Style Sheets; sometimes stylized as LESS) is a dynamic preprocessor style sheet language that can be compiled into Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and run on the client side or server side.
    Cheap VPS Hosting | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop Access
    Cheap Dedicated Servers | Linux Dedicated Server Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by RH-Calvin View Post
    Less (Leaner Style Sheets; sometimes stylized as LESS) is a dynamic preprocessor style sheet language that can be compiled into Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and run on the client side or server side.

Thanks, I completely agree with you.

Less is a CSS pre-processor that facilitates you to customize, manage and reuse the style sheets for the webpage. Less is an extension of CSS and a dynamic style sheet language which can be run on client side or server side. Less is an open source language. It is also cross browser compatible.