Thread: problem uploading file to ftp server

Default problem uploading file to ftp server

LinuxQuestions - Newbie - problem uploading file to ftp server . Help me pleeeeeeease !?
    I am wondering if anyone ever has this problem with their ftp server. I can upload small file from Windows internet explorer into the Linux ftp server, but when I try uploading a very large file I get an error message: "An error occurred copying a file to the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server. Details: The connection with the server was reset." My upload limit on the server is set to 1 gig. Not really sure what the problem is, but I hope some one has an answer though.

Software Jobs In Chandigarh||Jobs In Chandigarh||FresherJobs In Chandigarh
    Last edited by alexmike; 08-07-2010 at 02:13 PM.

I am totally agree with you. Thanks for your nice information

Thanks !

External Hard Drive ||Portable Hard Drive ||USB Hard Drive

# Establish a connection to your Virtual Server by selecting the "Connect" button. Specify your company name as the "Profile Name", your domain name (or temporary domain name if your domain name has not yet been registered) as the "Host Name/Address", your login name as the "User ID", and your login password as the "Password".

# Once a connection is established, two columns will appear on your screen. The column on the left displays files on your computer while the column on the right represents directories and files on your Virtual Server.

# You will want to navigate to the ~/www/htdocs, ~/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs, or the folder you indicated as the document root if you created a subhost on your Virtual Server. This is the directory where you will store your web content.
    --------------------
    d aspartic acid
    Breast augmentation

Thanks for this...Hope this helps the people like me who wants to upload the file to ftp server.

knowledge base software

Quote Originally Posted by ethel View Post
    # Establish a connection to your Virtual Server by selecting the "Connect" button. Specify your company name as the "Profile Name", your domain name (or temporary domain name if your domain name has not yet been registered) as the "Host Name/Address", your login name as the "User ID", and your login password as the "Password".

# Once a connection is established, two columns will appear on your screen. The column on the left displays files on your computer while the column on the right represents directories and files on your Virtual Server.

# You will want to navigate to the ~/www/htdocs, ~/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs, or the folder you indicated as the document root if you created a subhost on your Virtual Server. This is the directory where you will store your web content.
    --------------------
    d aspartic acid
    Breast augmentation

Quote Originally Posted by ethel View Post

--------------------
    d aspartic acid
    Breast augmentation

Try to see this link http://ask.metafilter.com/28672/FTP-upload-problems where you will see some good information regarding this problem.
    The best Android app Development Company in Malaysia..!

I can suggest to visit to you a site, with a large quantity of articles on a theme interesting you.

According to me,basically this problem occurs due to wrong authentication from your client side.

I think you have to restart the FTP service in administrative tools or Re install the IIS in your operating system.